This might just be our favorite chicken enchilada recipe. They’re so easy—just seven ingredients! —and the unexpected addition of Greek yogurt makes for a rich, creamy white sauce that can’t be beat. And of course, the whole thing is finished with piles of ooey, gooey cheese. It’s a dinner winner!
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 1/2 cups Yoplait® Greek 100 plain yogurt (from 32-oz container)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (12 oz)
- 7 flour tortillas (10 inch)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove meat from chicken; discard skin and bones. Shred chicken meat; set aside.
2. In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour with whisk until blended. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Gradually add broth, beating continuously with whisk. Stir in yogurt until sauce is smooth and free of lumps. Add 1 cup of the cheese; stir well. Set aside.
4. Place about 1/4 cup chicken in center of each tortilla; top each with about 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tortillas into cigar shape; place in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
5. Pour white sauce over filled tortillas. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese evenly over top.
6. Bake 35 minutes or until cheese is melted.