When you’ve exhausted every fitness class in the land and the plateau is real, one final frontier in the quest for change promises next-level results–New York City’s Bodies by P. Founded by former athlete (and ModelFit alum) Stephen Pasterino, the hyper-precise workout is designed to tone muscles that other methods neglect.
“A lot of my girls come from a barre-Pilates background and they’re so quad dominant,” says Pasterino, who has amassed a cult of Victoria’s Secret models (and chiseled devotees who look like models). “People tend to use their knees, pulse, or go really fast, which won’t allow the exercise to fully work and get really deep into the glutes to help shape it,” he explains. While his slow, low-impact moves won’t leave you dripping sweat, you willfeel sore the next day. And after just a few weeks of training, everything begins to lift and tighten into place.
Bend N’ Glide
- Start in a seated position with knees even and feet staggered. Place the glider foot one-third of the way out.
- Stabilize using the standing butt and push backwards through the glider side butt.
- When the glider foot hits the end range of the motion, engage and squeeze the butt with your leg fully extended.
- Slowly drag the extended foot back in two-thirds of the way while engaging and squeezing the standing leg butt.
- End the motion with a small 2-inch squat.